Thursday, April 2, 2009

Snowflakes are flying!!

Our snowflakes are heading all around the world. Here are the first round ones.

This one was done by Bob and sent to Abby. It's designed by Darlene Pilochek from the Big book of tatting. The tread is a hand dyed thread by Zarina in Malaysia.


Next we have Miranda's snowflake which was sent to me. It is her own original design done in Lizbeth size 20, colors 25 (Plum) and 661 (Country Turquoise Medium). She was nice enough to include the pattern too!!


This next wonderful snowflake was done by JB for Miranda. The thread is size 20, Lizbeth color 122 for the chains and flora color 217 for the rings. JB adapted this pattern from the "Japanese Tatting Book".

This next snowflake was made by Abby for JB. It is "Spring Flower" by Jon Yusoff from her snowflake book. The thread is DMC embroidery floss, 3 strands. I just love Jon's patterns!And lastly, we have my snowflake that I sent to Bob. It is Jon's Quantiesque snowflake - did I mention that I love Jon's patterns??? It is make with size 20 HDT from Yarnplayer - Pansy is the color.
Round two has been mailed and I'm just waiting for everybody to let me know that they have been received and I'll post them next (I've already gotten mine and it's WONDERFUL!!). Round three is going out this weekend - yeah!! This swap has been so much fun.

1 comment:

***Jon**** said...

Hello Christine,
All your snowflakes are so pretty.

I am always excited to see my snowflakes tatted in different colour combination. The colours that you used for the 'Spring Blossom' is really pretty.